Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who do you think I am?

We’ve all seen them. Those television ads telling us to talk to our kids about drugs and sex and such before it’s “too late”. But what do you REALLY say when you have your child in the same room and they aren’t involved with their own television show, computer game or on the phone with their friends? How do you start any conversation with anyone younger than you are? And we all know that “kids” are anyone younger than ourselves.
This isn’t meant to be another “SEARCH YOUR SOUL” or “HOW TO” blog. It is quite simply my perspective on how to talk to anyone. Some of the stories I’m going to tell will surely register with some of you as very close to something that has happened to you. But don’t worry; I didn’t use any REAL names.
And just for the record, I don’t have a PhD in anything; I didn’t even complete a full year of college. I don’t claim to have psychic powers or bionic body parts. I’m only a simple, medieval times loving romanticist living in Oklahoma trying to shed a little light and give a little hope to someone else – anyone who has contact with others from younger generations.
My dream has always been to be a published author. If making that dream come true in any way makes a positive difference in ONE person’s life, then the time, effort, nerves and anxiousness I felt while writing this will be all worthwhile.
So you are asking yourself at this point, “Why should I read this blog?” My question to you is why not? Give it a chance, see if it sparks an interest or opens a door to let some understanding in. Or read it for the stories. But most of all, JUST READ IT, SHARE IT, and listen to your own thoughts as you go thru it. Who knows, you could be that ONE person!

No comments:

Post a Comment